Alesco Care Service is keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK and Ireland.
We are routinely monitoring developments, reviewing our protocols, and preparing appropriate responses as the situation evolves. Alesco Care is committed to ensuring all steps are taken to protect the health and wellbeing of all our colleagues and clients.
Just as we have done previously in preparation for and during virus outbreaks, Alesco Care continues to work closely with Health Authorities, UKHCA/Scottish Care and Care Regulators in order to protect colleagues,clients and maintain service delivery.
Business Continuity Plans under review in preparation for a possible escalation of the outbreak.
Advice for prevention
At the time of writing this notice, there has been a number of cases reported in the UK and this number is steadily rising. However, as with any other virus, the best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it. You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are unwell, stay at home and contact the 111 Coronavirus helpline (valid in all countries of the UK)
- If you are asked to self-isolate please follow the NHS Advice
If a member of staff has a positive confirmed diagnosis of Coronavirus the Alesco Care office will prepare a list of all customers and staff the affected person has been in contact with for at least the preceding 14 days and report this to the 111 Coronavirus helpline, public Health England and the Care Quality Commissioners.